No new idea here, since it's a commonplace to roll things up in lefse, but we've given some thought and experimentation to the proposition of what flavors complement the potato-based effect of lefse. The combinations given here are good.
- Lefse, large pieces
- Creamy horseradish sauce & dried beef, or
- Feta cheese & olives, or
- Turkey salad & shredded lettuce, or
- Other players to be named later
Additional suggestions are welcome!
- Spread lefse with creamy horseradish, cover with slices of dried beef, and roll up. Even better--roll this up around a stick of pickled or canned asparagus.
- Spread lefse with mayo, scatter with feta and chopped olives, and roll up.
- Spread lefse with turkey salad (this happened because we had a lot of left-over smoked turkey), add shredded lettuce, and roll up.
- Roll your own!