Bourbon Barbeque Sauce
With old Helgeland keeping us in venison, I needed a barbeque sauce appropriate for deer ribs--something with a depth of flavor that would stand up to venison. I knew bourbon would figure in this, and so working from several bourbon barbeque recipes, and adding a touch or two from our pantry shelves, this is what I came up with.
- Couple of cloves garlic
- Red currant syrup
- Jag of vinegar
- Shot of Tabasco
- Spoonful of dry mustard
- Dakota Trails Mesquite Seasoning
- Mix about equal parts syrup, molasses, ketchup, and bourbon in a bowl.
- Add the other stuff, seasonings.
- Sizzle crushed garlic in a little oil in a saucepan.
- Dump everything else in, simmer.